Application.printer very slow (1 Viewer)

vargan

Local time
Yesterday, 22:13
Access 2013, Windows 7, 8GB RAM

I have a strange problem that may or may not be Access related, I frankly don't know...:

When calling the application.printer to change report printer dynamically, the system hangs for exactly 2 mins 7 seconds the first time the routine is ran after opening the database. On concurrent calls the code runs smoothly as expected. Any ideas, anyone?

marath007

Local time
Today, 01:13
hello,

Old post
But I just had the same problem, taking about the same amount of time.

It doesn't seems to repeat once it's saved.

What about you Vargan?

vargan

Local time
Hi!

To be frank, I'd forgotten to have posted this, and I can't remember which machine it was, or how I fixed it (if I did...)

Sorry!

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
The 120 seconds reminds me of a similar issue; do either of you have ANY reports with a default printer? This would be inside of access and NOT something you would normally see.

Had to start up a fresh database and import everything for access to forget what had been the default printer when reports were first developed (different machine in a different office in a different city) and save it without doing any print previews from designer.

Nasty issue to hunt down but the "2 minutes 7 seconds" is what reminded me of it. Had to do with the 120 second delay while windows was trying to find the default printer BEFORE letting anyone do anything else with said reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom