Network Connection Dialog Box (1 Viewer)

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
When I sign onto my home pc I keep getting a network connection dialog box that says 'You (or a program), have requested information from www.broadcast.net. Would you like to log onto the internet now, etc'

I must have gone to a site that planted a program on my pc that is trying to get some kind of update information. I've tried but can't seem to find out how to get rid of the program and end these constant popup dialog boxes...

Does anyone have any suggestions where to begin?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:28
Sounds like a bit of spyware try this, this, and you might as well get this and give your system a complete scan. If you haven't already got any anti-spyware/ adware tools I think your in for a surprise ;) (run one at a time)

Also check no unusual programmes are running in task manager. You might also want to check (after you've run the above prog's) in the registry (start > run > regedit) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and ensure nothing unusual in there and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

As for popup's are you running IE if so ensure the popup blocker is enabled see here for more info or download this or even better use a better browser, Firefox, Opera or even Avant

Last edited:

KenHigg

Local time
Yesterday, 22:28
Thanks for input Minkey - I loaded some spyware zapper and it all good now...
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom