create a colourful clickable schedule (1 Viewer)

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:27
i am looking for some major help. i have posted this problem before but i am wanting to come back to it from a different angle. i have a diary on a form at the minute. this displays a clients name, time and expected finish time. this is all done by a list box via queries. the only snag is that i dont seem to be able to differ from employees. ie have a clumn for joe and 1 for john. i am looking for suggestions that i can explore to be able to achieve this. my must haves for this are

i want a time column(15 min increments)
employee column(dont mind if this has to be manually added for each employee as they leave the business or start)
within the employee column i would like to display the appointment. have the total time for the appointment 'coloured in'(lets have grey) in the grey colour i would like the clients name and what treatments they are in for.

i have been told that a 'listview' might manage this but i seem to hit a wall when finding out info about this. vba told me that it is all about programming and to be hones i dont really know much about programming. im not trying to do this without having to work for it but i kind of need a leg up to get me started. if anyone does have any suggestions how i can achieve this then please just reply.

thanks in advance.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Have you looked at the sample database section in the forum, there are a few calendar type database which people have very kindly uploaded as examples for this type of thing, also you could look at the website for Helen Feddema who rights for woodys watch.

http://www.helenfeddema.com/index.htm

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
hi smig, thanks for the sample. it is what i am looking for. columns for different employees and a column for times. the only thing is that i get all the parameter questions that the other posts where wanting. also i am on access 2010.

can you offer any help on creating what you have done for earlier versions on 2010.

thanks for the sample

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:27
The new version is there, please test it
I tested it under access 2010 and it worked

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
cheers smig. ive got an error when opening everything apart from datepicker and month schedule. it says

the expression on open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: a problem occured while schedule was communicating with the ole server or active x control.

smig

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:27
cheers smig. ive got an error when opening everything apart from datepicker and month schedule. it says

the expression on open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: a problem occured while schedule was communicating with the ole server or active x control.
Is it when you open the db and the AutoExec macro run or when you try to open a form ?
the WeekSchedule is the main form should be opened.
Do you have any missing refernce ?

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
it is when i try to select a date on the weekschedule form and if i dbl click any form from the nav bar.

i dont really know anything about ole server or active x controls yet so i dont really know how to solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom