how can i advertise my locksmith business at low cost (1 Viewer)

lmoaceySus

Local time
Today, 01:50
Hey i have my small locksmith business in Plantation , USA and i want to advertise my business at low cost , i want that people should know more about my business so i'm thinking of to advertise my business but at low cost . so plzz suggest me that ways to advertise my business. Thnx in advance

thechazm

VBA, VB.net, C#, Java
Local time
Today, 04:50
Use the web. Post a video on Youtube, research and find a good free webhost or get a low cost one like hostgator.com and make a website for your company, post blogs about your experiances, list your website in the search engines (Google, MSN, etc...), make a facebook channel/site and invite people to it. The web is a powerfull tool and there are a lot of things that are free to advertise on. Knowing a locksmith you are going to be working locally most of the time but having the awareness and being able to set out business cards at other businesse's with a website and other supporting info is a great start.

Good luck :D

BTW do not do this all at once or you will be overwhelmed :p

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:50
I think the principles here can apply to any business...

You need to identify your target market. Otherwise you will waste energy (and maybe money) advertising here there and everwhere but not getting much interest. Also, getting business is about putting in the legwork not just winging out some advertising and waiting for it to happen.
I don't know much about the locksmith market partuicularly in USA. But I guess home owners are an obvious market, presumably local ones. In the UK you can put business cards in shop windows or local DIY stores with maybe a small fee. Advertising on locally focused directory internet sites may also be useful. As a home owner I'd probably head for the internet first I agree with the previous point raised about search engines etc. In the UK there are also many trade recommendation sites where other customers get to write reviews. In otherwords you get business by reputation.

I'm guessing the real and regular money is in B2B. So businesses such as building firms, maintenance firms, letting agents and landlords I guess would be good markets. Also maybe local government, schools, hospitals etc that have large premises to maintain. They are likely to already have contacts so they may not be actively searching for a new locksmith. The trick is to muscle in on business by targeting them directly i.e. calling and explaining why your service is so much better than anyone else's. Don't really on emails and letters alone. Verbal, preferably face-to-face contact is far more likely to get someone interest than junk mail. You may need to undercut or provide some value added service to to get a contract but at least you get in the door (excuse the pun). Also follow up with professional flyers or emails reminding them of how good and professional you are. Looking professional and providing added value is the key to B2B imho. Don't be put off by rejection.

Talking of professionalism I don't think I'd want some scruffy guy in t-shirt and jeans turning up to do my locks - doesn't fill me with confidence. Assuming you have a van then I would think decals for your van would be quite cheap and also make you look prefessional. Get some tidy overalls and sew on your logo (or a badge may be cheaper). Print some business cards - always always have some business cards with you even when not working. Have some flyers (& labels as mentioned by kath) handy when on business to hand out or leave anywhere when necessary/appropriate. Have a professional looking website (which anyone can do these days) and put the link on your cards/flyers/emails.

hth
Chris

wmphoto

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:50
Do you offer an emergency service? Because if you do then dropping business cards door-to-door might be the best way to do it, people will put your card in their wallets if they think it's the sort of thing they might need in an emergency.

Other than that, I'd say Google Adwords is the way to go.

Christian1977

Business Analyst
Local time
Today, 09:50
Hi,
in italy there is some site that promotes your services. They earn a percentage- try to see groupondotcom. It's an other idea...

gianne3q1

Local time
there are so many things to consider to do ad with your business at very affordable, have a knowledge of Internet Marketing. But you have to target what are you trying to promote.

masud ali

Local time
You must advertise your business by covering the small needs of the people relavent to the Locks. Also you can advertise your business by having the social networking of your webpage through which you can come more in contact with the people know their needs and offering them your service and if you will provide the satisfactory work you can get your locksmith business on the top.

Alexhudson

Local time
Internet Marketing is one of the best resources and the most effective ways through which you can easily manage to advertise your business all across the globe. You should probably create your business website design service site first and after that rotate it at social media sites.

MattHogan

Local time
Today world is very competitive and you should be a bit ahead to survive in this competition. For this you have to think out of the box to win the challenge.
Currently the best option to advertise your business is through social media.
By this it will be reaching to many people.
Now many of them are advertising in social media so you should be able to move forward by having website and mobile application for your business.
By this you can have targeted customers and stand front of the race.

TylerDean

Local time
Today, 14:20
Search the ways online and get the job done for your locksmith business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom