Create This Report? (1 Viewer)

Djblois

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:30
I have a table in Access with Employee Name, Position (selector, Loader, Reacher, etc) and Location (Cool, Dry, Freezer). I now need to create a report that mimics the picture I sent. I know how to do it with 12 subreports and 12 queries. Does anyone have any idea how I can reduce the number of subreports or queries?

Attachments

• Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 83

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Maybe you really only need to create one subreport but use it twelve times on the main report.

Djblois

Registered User.
Local time
can you use the same subreport 12 times on one report? you cannot do that with the same subform multiple times on a form. Also how would I have each subreport query based on different criteria?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
can you use the same subreport 12 times? you cannot do that with subforms? Also how would I have each subreport query based on different criteria?
Yes, you can, and you can also do the same with subforms. As an example, take a look at some Calendar demos, especially the ones that display appointments or events for each day of the calendar. You might see the same subform is used for each date on the calendar form.

Djblois

Registered User.
Local time
I just tried it. In the past I always assumed the subform showing up all white in design view meant it would not work. Well I just ran the form ant it works. However, how do I make it so they each have their own query?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
I just tried it. In the past I always assumed the subform showing up all white in design view meant it would not work. Well I just ran the form ant it works. However, how do I make it so they each have their own query?
You could try using code to do that. If you found an Calendar example, you might see the author simply used the Linked Master/Child Fields to show different data in each subform.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom