Connecting to ODBC via Mysql Connector (1 Viewer)

Phuket_Ram

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:58
I have been trying to connect to my MySql Server via the MySql Connector/ODBC 5.1.

I keep getting errors, either I have a port conflict or the information is wrong. :mad:

Data Source Name: (is this the IP address? ie 203.107.133.?? or the DNS name in full? NS1.SIAMDNS.COM IP : 203.107.133.??)

Description: (i have been leaving this blank?)

Server: (Localhost? or 203.107.133.??)

Port: 3306

User name: as per mysql details.

i have been able to connect to the localhost on my computer but not the internet server..:confused:

i have tried the info above in multiple different ways and get different error messages..

Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Today, 12:58
Data source name should be whatever you want to call it. Doesn't pertain directly to how it actually connects.

You use IP address of the server in Server row.
Port 3306 is the default; it could be different.

Is the internet server also your computer or somewhere else? Are you sure that the port 3306 is open?

What error message do you get?

Phuket_Ram

Local time
Thank You for a promt reply:

connection failed: [hy000] [mysql] [odbc driver 5.1] access denied for user 'admin_p'@'58.147.59.108' (using password: yes)

Phuket_Ram

Local time
it works ok when i use localhost, port 3306, root, password, database name.

connects to the local host.

Banana

Local time
On the connection dialog, there should be a Ping button you can use to verify that there is a connection. You also need to be sure that the port 3306 is open for listening on the server side.

Is there even a user named "admin_p"? Can that user connect from this IP or anwhere in world?

Also, is the server at 58.147.59.108 same server as the localhost?

Phuket_Ram

Local time
now, i am getting a 10060 error. After reading a bit, i went into user_privleges on one site.

GRANTEE TABLE_CATALOG PRIVILEGE_TYPE IS_GRANTABLE

'trothp427'@'%'NULLUSAGENO

i think the user privilages are wrong?

is this true from the info above?

i do appreciate this.

Banana

Local time
If the MySQL database is secured and restrict access based on tables or columns per user, then the above is correct. Even if users were allowed to view only one column in the entire server, they would still have USAGE privilege that isn't grantable.

I also can see that trophp427 can access anywhere from the world.

You haven't answered my question whether the server @ 58.147.59.108 is same as your localhost, and whether the port is opened. You know that ports isn't managed by MySQL but rather by the networking equipment, firewalls and/or OS, right?

You went from 'admin_p' to 'trothp427'; are we talking about two different MySQL servers or ?

Also, just to be explicit; DSN can only work for one database so you need to make the database explicit in the DSN connection.

Phuket_Ram

Local time
Sorry,
I have 7 sites and i get the same problems. i have pinged the server(s) from my cmd and it works ok, the trothp427 site does come up with the right ip address in the error, but the admin_p does not. The correct one is 203.107.133.70.
i am on a network with a mcfee firewall, i opened the windows security and added MySql to the programs and services.
i tried to add user and i got access denied on MySql yesterday, it has been driving me crazy and so much time has been lost. i say the php scripting works fine, i have a forum on one which works perfectly as well.
i really do appreciate the help.
yours
jon

Banana

Local time
If you have McAfee firewall, you need to make sure that the McAfee firewall on the server allows the MySQL to listen on port 3306. (It does no good to open port 3306 on the client computers)

When you say your php scripting works fine, you mean that the php script runs off the client side computer just fine? Or does it run off the server's side?

Do you administer those MySQL servers or are they on a shared hosting solution, or provided by someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom