Better solution for my access database (1 Viewer)

AccessFreak

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:37
I got an .mdb access 2002/2003 database which i want to upsize to a SQL server. What is the best solution?

Now I use it on a fileserver with a backend, a frontend(.mde) and a .mdb file.

What is better to use. An Sql-server or the fileserver connection. Some people from different countries use this application. But what are the benefits of using an Sql-server...??

Is there a manual how to upsize this application to a sql-server 2005.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:37
For your last question RE manual; yes, there's Books Online and MSDN. If you do any google search with Transact-SQL, you'll be able to find several information from MSDN as well BOL when you install a SQL server copy.

WRT benefits, well there's the obvious: more data storage, more concurrency, more security, and ability to connect remotely.

The real question is: Why do you think you need to upgrade to SQL Server? If Access performs fine for the requirements, then this may just be unnecessary work at this point. For the WAN connectivity, this can be solved by using Terminal Server instead, meaning you don't have to change the application at all in order for other people in remote location to use it and thus is cheaper to implement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom