Football (Soccer) (1 Viewer)

RXX00

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:20
Any posters follow football (real football where you actually use your feet :D ).

Any fans of any UK teams on here?

house

Banned
Local time
Today, 07:20
but it seems few topics about the football! few people talk about the recent news here!

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi RXX00

I follow West Ham Utd, but I'm not sure if you can actually call them a football team after this last season. :D

RXX00

Registered User.
Local time
Hi RXX00

I follow West Ham Utd, but I'm not sure if you can actually call them a football team after this last season. :D

Was sad to see the hammers go down, was wanting Blackpool and Birmingham to stay up as well, must be a lucky charm. :D

The best teams comes from Scotland anyway.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
The best teams comes from Scotland anyway.

Hmmm. :confused: I'm not sure that is correct. When was the last time a Scotish team (National or Club) won anything worthy of note? :)

RXX00

Registered User.
Local time
Hmmm. :confused: I'm not sure that is correct. When was the last time a Scotish team (National or Club) won anything worthy of note? :)

2003 - celtic Uefa Cup final
2008 - RANGERS Uefa Cup final
2011 - West Ham Relegated

JayJay00

Registered User.
Local time
C'mon the Gunners!

I hate the word football atm, tore my ACL, Medial ligament and Medial Cartilidge 2 months ago... Legs aren't meant to fold in half from the knee aparently?

about a year and a half till i get back on the pitch :(

Megacitizen

Registered User.
Local time
You could say I'm a big follower of football, originating as I do from the Merseyside area. I also like the Australian, American and, to a lesser extent, Gaelic versions too, having been to live versions of the former two at least. In fact there is a thriving American Football scene in the UK and Europe, and also one here in Australia, known generally as Gridiron. I am a qualified Gridiron Official, having trained in UK before ariving down under 2 years ago.

Back to proper football, I may come from Merseyside, but I don't follow Liverpool, or Everton, or any Premiership club for that matter. No, my club is the only British Club with a 100% record in all competitions against Arsenal, even though we play at the English League's 3rd level. My team is Tranmere Rovers.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
No, my club is the only British Club with a 100% record in all competitions against Arsenal, even though we play at the English League's 3rd level. My team is Tranmere Rovers
This is true. But they have only played once, and that was nearly 40 years ago.

Megacitizen

Registered User.
Local time
This is true. But they have only played once, and that was nearly 40 years ago.

Some of us at Prenton Park are hoping we never meet Arsenal again, so maintaining that record, although many wouldn't mind a trip to the Emirates one day.

Arsenal and ManUre are actually the only two Prem teams never to have played at PP in a 1st Team competitive fixture, although the latter have played there in numerous friendlies over the years. With the advent .of automatic promotion between the Conference and Football League, there are numerous other teams in the lower reaches of the FL in the same boat as Arsenal - Barnet, Burton, Crawley, AFC Wimbledon to name but a few, although Crawley will come off that list this season.

Megacitizen

Registered User.
Local time
huge arsenal fan here :) can chat footy for hours :)

Arsenal eh? Are you UK based or one of their many followers-from-afar?

If the former, do you visit the Emirates often? How easy is it to get tickets for a game?

I'm asking because I'm looking to attend a game (any game) there when I return to the UK next month, and definately before I leave the UK again sometime next year. I'm about a dozen or so grounds away from completing the 92 again (I did Highbury in 1988 - League Cup tie vs Hull) and need to tick the new stadium off.

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Newcastle United fan here, though I'm Scottish* by birth and live in London :confused: ? Well I spent about 7 years in Newcastle and loved the place and if you love Newcastle you automatically love the Toon :p

*I keep an eye out for Hamilton Accies (nearest to where I was born) and Airdies (my Grandfather team) results though don't follow to them much tbh.

Megacitizen

Registered User.
Local time
Oh well, back to Blighty in little under 2 weeks time. There I can watch some decent live footy on the telly at sensible o'clock instead of silly o'clock. For attending games, almost anything from the Conference (Blue Square Prem) upwards will be an improvement on the A-League that I have watched a bit of recently. Not that I had much choice in who to watch, Perth Glory all the way in the world's most isolated city.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Oh well, back to Blighty in little under 2 weeks time. There I can watch some decent live footy on the telly at sensible o'clock instead of silly o'clock. For attending games, almost anything from the Conference (Blue Square Prem) upwards will be an improvement on the A-League that I have watched a bit of recently. Not that I had much choice in who to watch, Perth Glory all the way in the world's most isolated city.

Fisrt time I saw A league - the Aussie guy I was with was adamant they were lower permier league standard.

Non league was far more accurate. A good local pub team would have been similar.

It has improved I think - maybe could give Tranmere a game? YOu reckon?

Megacitizen

Registered User.
Local time
Someone's definately dealing with some dodgy stuff if your mate thinks the A-League is lower Prem equivalent. Lower League 1 would be closer to the mark for the better teams, with the rest being League 2 or Conference level at best.

There are a handful of individual players who wouldn't look out of place at Championship level in England but they'd be found out quick enough if they tried stepping up to the Prem.

As for teams giving Tranmere a game, only Central Coast Mariners and Brisbane Roar could possibly fall into that category, based on what I've seen over the last two seasons. However, on current form our defense would have few problems and given our ridiculously phenomenal accurracy in front of goal (we have the fewest shots on goal in our Division so far, but are top scorers in the entire League) they still wouldn't come away with much other than pride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom