edit a join table (1 Viewer)

myrt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:36
I'm not sure how to go about it, so I thought to ask for help.

I have a form that inherits a IDClient. The form has a subform with a recordsource made of two tables joint together (Articles left join Sales).
Every client can have some 'sales %', always not more than one for each article.
Now, I have no prob to visualise for each client the list of all articles with % sale where resent else a null/blank value.

What I wanted to do is having this table with the prices of all articles as reference and the possibility of editing or adding a sale % if needed.
What I found out is that a joint table isn't editable. Any suggestions about a workaround?? thanks

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 13:36
Not ALL joins are editable. But some are. If you set parent/child keys, you should be able to edit in the subForm.

myrt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:36
First of all, thank you for replying.
My main form contains unbound objects. One such object is a textbox that contains a IDClient.

There's no parent/child relationship because this is the situation:

articles [1-*] prices (based on the existence of different lists/catalogs)
prices [*-1] list [1-*] client (every client has a list and every list has many prices, one for each article)
client [1-*] discounts on articles ---> table Discounts with reference to articleID and clientID

So, from the main form, I have to filter data of the subform based on a) Client, b) List.
On the subform I wanted to have the Prices (filtered through the List combobox) next to the Articles (all articles) and I managed to add the Discounts (filtered through the IDClient).
What I've got is not editable.

The problem is, in my understanding, because of the fact that the table is a joint.
How can I get a similar effect but going at it differently? It could also help knowing exactly what step renders the table view-only. thanks :)
I tried to be as clear as possible ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom