Form Layout (1 Viewer)

fireflyfranch

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:00
I am making a schedule tracker for keeping track of what jobs our guys go on and when /if they have turned in their paperwork. We have a sheet that we use in Excel(copy of the excel sheet is attached) that our guys are used to seeing the format of. We would like to keep the report as close to that as possible. I have found that having the schedule in one table and the workers and where they went on that day in a different table works for being able to not have a set number of employees per job per day as we can have 1 – 12 guys on a job. It does not seem to make it easy to figure out how to make the report I am looking for. Is there a better way to make this report? Should I change how I set the database up? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Material Sheet List.zip
    13 KB · Views: 132
  • jobs.zip
    137.2 KB · Views: 92

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:00
Advise no spaces (you got that covered) nor punctuation/special characters (underscore only exception) in names.

You have defined ID field in JobInfo as primary key but do not save it as foreign key in JobSchedule. Tables should be linked on primary/foreign key fields. If you want to save the WorkOrder# as foreign key then it should be set as primary key in JobInfo. Why doesn't JobScheduleEmployees reference the JobSchedule ID primary key as foreign key? Why duplicate DateThere and WorkOrder# fields? Again, designated primary key not being saved as foreign key in dependent table. Can use the ID field as PK/FK and set DateThere and WorkOrder# fields as a compound index to prevent duplicate pairs.

Need an Employees table?

A BOUND form can be used to enter new record for only 1 table. So your query on JobScheduleEntry form is not practical. Possibly you need form/subform/subsubform arrangement.

Don't you need EmployeeHours, TimeCardCheck, EmployeeInCharge fields on the subform?

Why did you save unfinished VBA code that will not compile?

Last edited:

fireflyfranch

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:00
Thank you for your help. My PK/FKs have been fixed. The Employees table is apart of the actual database not in the copy I uploaded.

The form/subform/subform helped out a lot.

The schedule entry is for entering in who was where. The EmployeeHours, TimeCardCheck, EmployeeInCharge fields are for entering in the paperwork our employees turn in that we would put in the materialsheet entry.

I did not realize I had a VBA code saved.

I am still unsure how to set up a report to have

Datethere WO# JobName JobAddress JobCity Employee#1 Hr Employee#2 Hr Employee#3 Hr Employee#4 Hr on one line

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom