Hide zero fields from query (1 Viewer)

lemanou

Local time
Today, 08:31
Greeting everyone,

I have a query that selects different values from different tables.
The values of these fields change all the time and I would like the result of my query to exclude - hide the fields that are zero.
However, I only want to hide the specific zero fields not the hole record.
Non zero fields should still be visible.

Is this possible? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 15:31
Hello lemanou, Welcome to AWF.. :)

I would take a wild guess and say NO.. You cannot hide/show Columns.. Only Rows can be filtered..

Mr Smin

Sometimes Excel too.
Local time
You can hide individual report elements based on the value in a field - the results would be returned but not visible to the user.

something vaguely like
if [theField]=0 then txtboxonreport.visible=false

lemanou

Local time
First of all thank you for your answers and the welcoming. :)

Then, I would like to add that the results are not viewed on any form or textfields.
I am using MS Access 2010 and one query out of many, gets all these different fields which eventually will be exported in an excel file.
Howerever, not all fields contain "needed" data (eg 0).
As a result it would be inconvenient / a waste and hard to read, to export all of them when they hold no value.

It would be great if there is a function or set any criteria to do this with the query.

Mr Smin

Sometimes Excel too.
Local time
you could apply a custom function to replace "0" with "" (a zero-length string), I'm assuming you still want the field to exist in the row otherwise you would have a ragged right edge.

lemanou

Local time
I do not know what you mean by a ragged right edge, however I do not want to have that field or any of those fields in my result.
The thing is that I cannot just exclude some of the fields because the next time the query is called the values are most certainly going to change.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
A new WELCOM ! from me.

Do you understand that your request is out of logic ?

In the query you have "columns" names. For example Sales and Price
In each "row" you have information for each "column"
Saying you have no sales then you hide (= remove) the first "column" in that "row". Now, the data from the second "column" in that row will be displayed in the first "column", isn't it ?
This mean that in the Sales column will have the value for Price and in the Price column will have nothing.

lemanou

Local time
Τhank you again! :)

Well, I was thinking as much this morning, when I woke up and I was digging in my brain's general database knowledge...
But I had to know for sure.

Thank you all for your feedback! :)

Mr Smin

Sometimes Excel too.
Local time
If only I'd put it in the terms Mihail used! That's what I meant by 'ragged right edge' but I realise it was not at all obvious to anyone else.

Mihail

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 17:31
If only I'd put it in the terms Mihail used! That's what I meant by 'ragged right edge' but I realise it was not at all obvious to anyone else.
I've used only the words I know in English.

I understand, maybe 90 %, when someone speak in English. With the condition that that "someone" not to be a person from UK or US. In this case, for the life of me, I can't translate more than 10 % :)

Keep in mind that here, on the forum, you must use the "less" English you can.
Try to speak like for a 7 years English child.

ootkhopdi

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:01
You can hide individual report elements based on the value in a field - the results would be returned but not visible to the user.

something vaguely like
if [theField]=0 then txtboxonreport.visible=false

Sir

how can i do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom