Can I use "recordset" to make receipts? (1 Viewer)

Everterra

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:22
I am having trouble finding a solution to this problem.

Assign receipts to records in an existing table.

In a table, let's say Flow, I have movements of revenues and expenses, and releases monthly quota owners.

See the image attached.

• Step 1 - I already have a form selected with payments with the issuing of pending receipts.
  • Step 2 (missing) - I want to use a button or something for a temporary form to mount the receipt.
  • Step 3 (Missing) - Issue the receipt (make the receipt).
How to achieve this?

Can I use "recordset"?
How would you do it?

Attachments

• receipts.jpg
    receipts.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 102

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 17:22
yes youd need a tReceipt table. And a way to print, and reprint them.
the button to 'mount' the receipt, or post to the tReceipt table and open the form
docmd.openform "frmReceipt",,,"[recptID]=" & me.id

Everterra

Registered User.
Local time
yes youd need a tReceipt table. And a way to print, and reprint them.
the button to 'mount' the receipt, or post to the tReceipt table and open the form
docmd.openform "frmReceipt",,,"[recptID]=" & me.id

Thanks, Ranman256. With your help and after much work I did it. :banghead:

Now, Step 3.

In my bd attached, (Step 2), clicking the button brings the Composition Form.

I need to attribute a receipt to that form. How can I did it?

Pls see the table schema relations.

It's like having two modules or systems in one.

1. In a table record all movements, entries (receipts) and exits (expenses).
  2. Another, to make receipts.
The last one should fetch the data from the first, create a receipt, and mark the first table as "paid."

This is what I call Step 3. I need help with this.

Attachments

• recEng20170208.zip
    110.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Everterra,

Do you have a description or requirements for your entire database? If so, can you show us same so we better understand what you are doing in a business sense? It would help readers and you if there was a clear description of WHAT you are trying to accomplish. There may be many options for HOW to do it.

It appears you are developing 1 part/line at a time and are asking readers how to do things. I don't think that is a viable strategy.

You wouldn't build a house or an airplane without an overall plan --why should building a database to support your business be any different?

Good luck with your project.

Everterra

Registered User.
Local time
Everterra,

Do you have a description or requirements for your entire database? If so, can you show us same so we better understand what you are doing in a business sense? It would help readers and you if there was a clear description of WHAT you are trying to accomplish. There may be many options for HOW to do it.

It appears you are developing 1 part/line at a time and are asking readers how to do things. I don't think that is a viable strategy.

You wouldn't build a house or an airplane without an overall plan --why should building a database to support your business be any different?

Good luck with your project.

Thanks jdraw for you interest and insight.

Since I´m not a native English speaker (I´m from Portugal) I don´t quite understand what is "1 part/line at a time", but maybe, as I understand you are saying that I´m building as I go, step by step or brick by brick - something like this.

Yes, that´s true.
I asked in another forum, but I got no answer or direction to follow. I must say that they are very kind and have helped me in other things since 2013/14. So I thought it was better to move on, small steps at a time ...

I´m a HOA (condominium / home owners association) administrator, from the building where I live, "almost pro bono". This people don´t want to pay for a manager software so I´m building this system as I go. Now I want to do the receipts for the payments of the condominium owners. Until know I used a free online app, and at same time to fill my needs I used my Access system.

Its time (new year) to grow the system!

This explanation makes sens? It´s enough?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Your English is very good. Yes, brick at a time is a good analogy.

I don't mean to dissuade you, but developing a database to support your business without database experience can be very frustrating (for you and users). Building a database without detailed requirements, a blueprint and a plan has very, very low probability of success.

Have you done any database tutorials to understand and experience the design process?

Have you considered looking at/reviewing/demo of some commercial packages to see what they do; how they flow; their outputs... compared to your needs and experiences with the software you have been using? If you look at some and their options, you may find info to build/reinforce your requirements.

Here is a list of packages I found using Google. I'm not associated with any, but offer the list as a starting point.

Many use Google Translate ( English-->Portuguese ) (Mandarin<-->German) etc to aid communication.

Good luck.

Everterra

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again, jdraw.

All comments are relevant to me.

Yes, I've done research (even in Capterra), but the solutions do not suit our needs. Anyone who understand something about software, thinks they can always do better !! Perhaps not a clean, beautiful, arranged system with automated features, but still one that is practical, functional and meets the requirements.

I have some experience in Access. I've done a lot of complex databases, but I have very little programming language knowledge. That's my problem.

Still anyway, walking slowly, it is coming to what I intend.
In Portugal, as a requirement of the law, it is necessary that the Condominium meet in Assembly in the first fortnight (every first 15 days) of each year. In the last 2 years I have presented accounts with the help of my system in access with good result.

Now, is missing this step and it's almost complete.

:) Should I close this and open another topic for this problem?

I edited my second post (posted at 04:00 PM) with more info.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom