Filter List Box (1 Viewer)

Joe2056

Local time
Today, 11:12
Hi all,

im new to working with databases and access and need a little help. What I need help with is filtering a list box. Here is an overview of what I have and what I need to happen.

I have 2 tables, the first table is CustomersData and the second is WorkData. Then I have 1 form called DataForm.

On DataForm I have a drop down list that shows all the data from CustomersData, but I have all the columns hid except their names. After picking a customer from the list it then populates a selection of text boxes wither the rest of their information.

One of those text boxes is called CustomerIDText. I then have a list box that lists all the data from WorkData, but all the columns are hide except for the date. After selecting a date it populates a selection of text boxes with the work information for that date.

at the moment the list box shows all dates for all customers. In both tables I have a column for CustomerID.

So what I need is the list box to automatically filter the dates to match the customer id from the CusotmerIDText.

Please can anyone offer some help I have been trying to work this out for a couple of days now.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:12
Do a search in this forum for Cascading Combo boxes.

Joe2056

Local time
Today, 11:12
I have tried searching this forum but I cant seem to find what im looking for.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:12
The concept NauticalGent mentioned is called "cascading comboboxes" although the exact same thing applies to Listboxes with the MultiSelect Property set to None, and the code is interchangeable. Here are a couple of good links with examples:

Cascading List for Access Forms

Cascading Combo/List Boxes

Also, if you Google the term "Cascading Comboboxes" along with "MS Access" you'll probably get a gazillion hits!

Linq ;0)>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom