E-cigarettes aka Personal Vaporizers (2 Viewers)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:31
That's not entirely true. Some people have a stronger hold on addictions than others. There was actually a study that found a certain genetic trait that makes some people more likely to be addicted to nicotine than others. Unfortunately, that same study found that those with this trait were also more likely to develop lung cancer.

Not all addictions are purely mental. Some are very physical. I've seen someone actually have a seizure while attempting to quit smoking cold turkey. It's not so easy on everyone.

I have to say I think its 90% in the mind - like fifty. However - I Think he wrong in saying its simply a matter of willpower and control. Theres studies of jailbirds who have been clear of heroin for years, as soon as they visit the old haunts - their PHYSICAL symptoms of addiction come back. Smoking being still so prevalent, and easy to come by make it a tough thing to stop.

As i said in teh post that fifty - respsoned - it would just be easier to quit the nictotine addition. I only smoke for a few hours each week, I am not any longer addicted to nicotine, not physically( used to stuggle to go an hour and, travel hours out of may in teh middle of teh night to get a smoke). They could take all the nictine out - and I would still have the same problem I have no doubt.

Will power can easily stop us smoking. But I think you need to be in teh right mental zone - before that comes easy. Getting to that zone - is the difficult bit.

Cutting down to what I smoke now - when I look back was easy - I just cut down. Similarly when I eventualy stop altogether - I will look back and think I just stopped and it was easy. Actually a whole lot of things came togther, which evetually made it easy - up until then I struggled with it a lot.

The fact that the cigs where easier to come by than the e cig is really dispointing for you and for me as someone who wants to quit.

Good luck in quiting - we should start a access world quit club!!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 07:31
Good luck in quiting - we should start a access world quit club!!

No kidding! I hope you have good luck with your quitting endeavors as well. I think I'm going to set a new date. The poisoning of my body is seriously starting to wear on me.

harpygaggle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:31
I tried it twice but I just coughed and coughed, lol.

mhorner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:31
Good for you! I've heard a mixup of both good and bad things. Mostly good though.

I can certainly say its substantially easier on your lungs to vape, but who knows the long term effects quite yet. I guess how bad can they be when compared to cigarettes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom