Hiding row in report when one criteria has a blank (1 Viewer)

Accessbeginner34

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:21
Hi,

I am trying to run a report on some data that I have in a table. The report looks something like this

Break option date Property Landlord
1 A
2 B
3 C
01/01/2020 4 D

01/02/2020 5 E

6 F

When I run the report, I want to be able to hide any row where the Break option date field is empty. So in the above example only the rows with the dates shown would appear.

Any help on how to achieve this would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Iain

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Change the report record source (or the query you've used) to filter for option date is not null

Accessbeginner34

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I am literally a beginner on Access so I am not too sure what you mean. Do I go into the design view layout, properties, data? I see that there is a filter option here - what do I put in the box?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Using the link provided as a guide, in query design view add 'Is Not Null' in the criteria row for your date field.

Accessbeginner34

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks - I have tried entering this but am getting the message - Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

Accessbeginner34

Registered User.
Local time
Okay I think that has worked. So how do I now apply that query to the report that I have created - so that it gets rid of the various rows I don't want.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Use that query as your report record source in place of what you have now

Accessbeginner34

Registered User.
Local time
That's it working great - thanks. A few other questions. Is there any way you can move the bar at the bottom of the form with the search tool in it to the top?

Also - I want to include a photo in some specific forms. I can add a picture in design layout but this then applies that picture to every record. How do I get it so it's unique to each record?

Also - is there any way you can create a link to a network folder on your pc? For example I want to be able to click a link which will take me to a folder containing all the relevant files for that record.

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 06:21
If you can't get it then post your database with some sample data, (zip it) + the name of the report.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
In answer to the first question above:
1. You can't move the search bar to the top. However it is possible to create search forms which can be customised to your needs - use the forum search feature or look online e.g.this utility by Allen Browne is very good http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html ... but I think too complex for you at the moment

As for the other points, rather than keep adding more and more questions to the same thread, I suggest you start new threads as and when needed
I also recommend you buy a book for beginners on using Access and/or look at the Steve Bishop videos on You Tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom