Votes: 12 28.6%
  • WOW

Votes: 30 71.4%

• Total voters

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:00
Anyone going to get SWTOR (when it finally comes out :p) got some gamer buddies who are big LOTR players whilst waiting for SWTOR to come out and want me to join now and as I don't play MMO's (I'm a FPS, strategy and driving gamer mainly) do you think this could be the next leap forward? and appeal to a wider variety of gamers.

It's being touted as a MMO with a integrated semi linear storyline following on from the KOTOR series, which I loved (well certainly the first one - replaying now actually) as it was just the right blend of various genre's. I feel MMO's are too much stats driven so that why I don't play them but could this be the right blend or will it be more suited to MMO players? What do you think.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 11:00
Anyone going to get SWTOR (when it finally comes out :p)

Most definitely.

I feel MMO's are too much stats driven so that why I don't play them but could this be the right blend or will it be more suited to MMO players? What do you think.

I'm hoping, and I've read, that it is more aimed at the casual gamers and those that liked KotoR. However, I'm guessing that in the end in will be like many of the other MMOs out there. Its very difficult to make a really good story-driven game in the MMO format.

colin23

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
whats the new swotr stand for?

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
whats the new swotr stand for?

Nothing it's SWTOR :p seriously hit the link dude (Star Wars - The Old Republic if you can't be bothered), it's a MMO with a defined storyline, kind of like a massive co-op game with LIGHTSABERS :D.

Adam Caramon

Local time
Today, 11:00
Nothing it's SWTOR :p seriously hit the link dude (Star Wars - The Old Republic if you can't be bothered), it's a MMO with a defined storyline, kind of like a massive co-op game with LIGHTSABERS :D.

And the video trailers out are simply amazing.

colin23

Registered User.
Local time

ohh ok lol went on the wbsite take it its not out yet then and dosent sounds like a online game sounds more like a story line with mass battles as online like battlefront for star wars :cool:

colin23

Registered User.
Local time
looks good when is it coming out or should i go live under a rock cause im so out of touch :(

Patchy

Registered User.
Local time
I've never played WoW so I can't compare. It's been a while since I last touched Guild Wars too. I did enjoy Guild Wars but the gameplay is limited and it's barely updated with content. I'm assuming WoW would be better as it has a bigger player base and it's update more frequently.

Ebweaver

Registered User.
Local time
I've played both, they are very different MMOs. I enjoy WoW more because of how many people that play.

maurice.cowell

Local time
Tomorrow, 02:00
I prefer playing Guild Wars. Probably because I've been playing it longer compared to WOW. WOW seems great but I'm kind of a beginner on this game so I'm not all that good at it yet.

ConnorGiles

Strange Traveller
Local time
I Played WOW from when i was 10 until the age of 18, yes i tried guild wars (i admit not guild wars 2) but i do indeed think that WOW is the better game for people who have the time to endulge in raids and so forth to become better players.

I disagree with the fact that WOW only requires game time played to be a better player as a huge amount of skill in pvp can make a huge difference to a team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom