Grouping out of Order (1 Viewer)

wan2fly99

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:42
I have two tables. A history table and an Address table.

I join history table to address table using left outer join.
The field I am grouping on though is in the address table.

When generating report, grouping is all mixed up. I can go to design mode, go to group section change the grouping field and preview report again. Then go back and do same and select correct field and now report is grouped correctly.

Cannot figure out why the first time it is all out of order.

I'm using Pervasive database . The package is Business Vision.

Any help is appreciated

Local time
Today, 12:42
Would like to help - i have never heard of Pervasive database.
i will assume it is an access database.
Access reports do their own thing with grouping and sorting.
They often ignore any grouping and sorting in the query that feeds the report.

Are saying that after you set the grouping and sorting in design view of the report and then save the report - next time the report is opened the changes have not been saved?

Is this an access database?
Post all the code behind the report so we can see if there is code that is changing the grouping and sorting when the report opens.

wan2fly99

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:42
It a database I am open in design view set the grouping . run the report and the grouping is not grouping correctly. Then I go back change the grouping field, view the report change the grouping field back to the field I want and its okay

After saving and re-opening report no problem. Its when I reselect data again I have to go thru this whole routine again

Database is a weird one. I just see the tables in crystal select the field and that is all. Set the grouping just like any other report.

Its a good one

Local time
Today, 12:42
When you say 'I just see the tables in crystal select the field and that is all. '
What is crystal?
Whatever crystal is, it must be the reason you are having some trouble with the report.
When you select different data, it probably doesn't fit correctly with what the report is expecting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom