Assistance with grouping... (1 Viewer)

JayMcC28

Local time
Today, 06:40
Hi,

I've been asked to use Crystal Reports XI to get a particular report from an Oracle DB. I'm close but I think I'm messing up the grouping.

The database has 3 tables in question: a "department" table, an "inventory" table and an "orders" table.

Each item has a "department" as well as cost and price. The "orders" table contains order "documents" that contain items.

What I need to do is scan every "order", group the items together by department, add their cost and price and have my report show the total cost and price based by department.

So, I thought that what I should do is group by department and put the totals in the department footer. However, when I do that here's what I get: if a particular "order" has multiple items from the same group the "cost" and "price" get multiplied by the amount of items!

I'm pretty green with Crystal Reports. I took a two day class about 3 years ago. I can move around OK in there and create some basic reports. I guess you could say I know enough to be dangerous. I wouldn't think this would be that difficult but I'm struggling and have a deadline. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

JayMcC28

sourabh1985

Local time
Today, 03:40
Do you still need the solution?
Hi,

I've been asked to use Crystal Reports XI to get a particular report from an Oracle DB. I'm close but I think I'm messing up the grouping.

The database has 3 tables in question: a "department" table, an "inventory" table and an "orders" table.

Each item has a "department" as well as cost and price. The "orders" table contains order "documents" that contain items.

What I need to do is scan every "order", group the items together by department, add their cost and price and have my report show the total cost and price based by department.

So, I thought that what I should do is group by department and put the totals in the department footer. However, when I do that here's what I get: if a particular "order" has multiple items from the same group the "cost" and "price" get multiplied by the amount of items!

I'm pretty green with Crystal Reports. I took a two day class about 3 years ago. I can move around OK in there and create some basic reports. I guess you could say I know enough to be dangerous. I wouldn't think this would be that difficult but I'm struggling and have a deadline. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

JayMcC28

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom