Question: Crystal Reports for Java, rendering an OLE Object (1 Viewer)

westowwood_nz

Local time
Today, 01:59
Hi,

I am using the Crystal Reports for Eclipse 2.0 ( cr4e_2.0.0 ) in my Java web application.
Also I am using the Crystal Report Developer (or designer) version 11.5.3 to design my reports.
All the rendering so far has been fine when I'm using sections, field parameters etc. However right now I want to embed a Microsoft word document table inside of my report. I'm inserting this as an OLE Object inside of my report.
The preview of this OLE object is fine in the designer, however, when I render this page inside of my
Java web application, the text inside of the table gets pushed up a little bit making the text appear outside of a few of the table cells. I have tried fiddling around with it but to no avail.

The question is that is this happening because I am using the crystal report for eclipse Java viewer at runtime? Or there are a few settings
that I can play with to produce a nicely fitted table?

If this can not be done with Crystal Reports, then how can I add a normal table to my report?

Thank you very much for your help.

westowwood_nz

Local time
Any one there that might know about this? Or even how to add a table into my report?

Cheers

westowwood_nz

Local time
Any one there that knows a bit about this? Or even how to add a table into a report?

Cheers

westowwood_nz

Local time
I found out why I was having thi sprobelm. This is because OLE objects (other than pictures) are unsupported for Crystal Reports for Eclipse at runtime.

you can check it out on the following link for What's New in Crystal Reports for Eclipse 2.0

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/...ary/uuid/301717ef-3ad3-2b10-5aad-8d9b73a6e365

However knowing that how is one supposed to draw a table and render it in the Java runtime version?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom