MySQL thirdparty tools (1 Viewer)

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:03
good day!

I have a third party tool navicat for mysql and there is this mysql administrator. I am confused if I can just use navicat for securing my database or do I need to use the administrator to set up the security.

thanks.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
You can use either or even both if you like. Administrator is free but NaviCat is commerical (I think they have lite version, but not sure how much functionality there is).

Whatever works for you, use it.

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
yesterday I explored mysql administrator. since I have no connection yet, so I created new connection. In the connection category, I entered the connection name, username, password, hostname, and the port. then I click apply and close.

so i go back and double click mysql administrator, it prompts for connection, host, port, username and password.

my problem now is that when I leave the password blank and click ok, the mysql administrator gui still opens and all items inside can be seen. is that proper?

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
You probably had the Administrator save the password for you.

Administrator saves the connection information separately from the MySQL, which can be good or bad thing. As long nobody else uses your computer, that should work ok because nobody else would have the same access, even if they downloaded the Administrator on their own computer.

genesis

Registered User.
Local time
what do you mean the Administrator save the password for me?

I used the username root, though the user root also has password but when I entered ok without the password, still the mysql adminstrator opens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom