Bi (1 Viewer)

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:53
Still think a BI section - like Power BI, Tableau etc woudl be useful here.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
No idea what you are talking about!

Ha! I had to Google it...

I did find what looked like a very nice forum on it. That might be a better option, use the existing Forum?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 03:53
Thought maybe we were making a sexual orientation themed thread...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Thought maybe we were making a sexual orientation themed thread...

I'm sure that sort of thing is catered for very well already on the Internet. Do you have any good links?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
In a probably vain attempt at dragging this back on track, I do sometimes have to get involved with SSRS , and SSIS, and because I'm not familiar with the terminology I find some of the forums quite difficult to follow.

To save a google for the non SQL Server users;
SSRS - SQL Server Reporting Service
SSIS - SQL Server Integration Service

I did a Lynda.com online course on SSRS about 5 years ago that was pretty good for a basic introduction.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Well it definately will be if theres no section here!

I think the real issue is the interaction in the forum. It's no good if you don't get a reasonable number of people interacting.

If you have a look through this forum it's mostly MS Access stuff. If you look at some of the more obscure forums here, they get very little traction.

You will probably be much better off using the established forum, trying to get people to move here and interact here might be a problem, unless of course the existing forum has problems like moderators/owners behaving inappropriately, shall we say! Then there might well be a need for a new location.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
I would tend to agree I think New Posts is probably the best option - I find Utter Access terrible for having so many individual forums that its seems pointless.

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
Maybe - it just seems to be those visualisation softwares - seem like an obviuos fit for an access forum to me.

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:53
FYI: I know that there is a forum for MS-SQL databases and they have a section for SSIS. There is also a forum for SAP products and they have a section for the visualization software offerings (there are a few).

AnthonyGerrard

Registered User.
Local time
FYI: I know that there is a forum for MS-SQL databases and they have a section for SSIS. There is also a forum for SAP products and they have a section for the visualization software offerings (there are a few).

Thanks - I use one sql server forum in particular.

Just think its a shame that some fairly intuitive software for visualisations isnt covered here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom