Linked SharePoint table missing data. (1 Viewer)

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:28
I have an Access front end with a linked table to SharePoint.

There are only 3 Fields.

Number
Name
REV

Everything is fine for the first 4,500 records. But for some reason, the last few 100 are missing the Number. Its so weird. The items are on SharePoint.

If instead of creating a linked table, I have it create a local table, all of the data is there.

Also the REV field for the whole thing is off. Instead of "A B or C" its placing a number string that I cant seem to figure out where its pulling from. "649587" Just random numbers.

But again, if I make a local copy, all of the data in the REV field is correct.

Anyone have any clue as to what's going on here?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 09:28
Strange. I have used linked SharePoint lists in the past, with over 75k records, and have not experienced anything like this.

Have you tried converting the list to a local table, deleting the list, exporting the local table back to your SP site and then re-linking?

aaronb50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:28
That I have not tried. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm not sure I have enough permissions to do that. I think I have just enough to link to the table.

I will ask the person holding the keys if they want to give that a shot.

I'm assuming that's going to seem a little risky to them and tell me no. They care way more about their SharePoint then My Access program.

But I will try that if I can convince them to do so.

And if they wont, or it does not work, I have decided to let this go and just refresh the SharePoint table daily to a local access back end and work off of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom