Experimenting with less ads (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:25
I am running an experiment that will stop on Friday, where I am displaying a reduction in ads. Anyone noticed this?

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
No - but I'm currently a paid supporter so would it still affect me?

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
It shouldn't affect you as you will not be seeing many ads anyway. The test I am doing randomly cuts about 20% of the ads to improve the user experience.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Now that you have mentioned it - you're right, and it looks like a improvement from my perspective !

Edit - I'll be more specific I'm getting the odd one in posts but nothing like as many at the side and top of the forum, and I personally always found those the most annoying.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 01:25
For myself, I mentally block most adds so I really don't notice..

Unless an add does something to prevent a page from loading.

I also don't normally have the volume on so I don't notice most of the "Video" adds either.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
One of the reasons I became a paid member was to reduce the number of ads so I'm all in favour. I find them very distracting on several other forums where they aren't restricted.
One advert per thread isn't too bad. It's when there are multiple ads that it gets very distracting.

Also, nothing to do with the forum, I'm used to ads targeting things I've viewed or purchased elsewhere. But recently, there has been more than one case where ads have popped up for items my wife has purchased on her pc.
That really should never happen in terms of data protection and tracking.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:25
I am running an experiment that will stop on Friday, where I am displaying a reduction in ads. Anyone noticed this?
Did you end the experiment prematurely?

I though, I noticed less adds the last couple of days, but it "feels" they are back to normal (higher) levels today.

I can't refrain from mentioning it again. I very much dislike the adds being inserted into the text area of the postings.

Its up to you to decided to use adds and how many of them, but they should not be mingled so tightly with the content created by your users.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
We are split testing in this experiment, so sometimes you see more, sometimes less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom