20+ years trial and error (1 Viewer)

Pieter de la Court

Local time
Today, 21:28
Hi there, I started in the 1980's programming with macros in Lotus 123. Much later I found out that you can press Alt-F11 in Excel and program in VBA. Then started dabbling with Access 2003 and developed a payroll database for my wife's small clothing factory, which I am still using (updated to to Access 2016) and was busy improving it today when I ran into a snag that brought me to this forum. And I got it solved! I have limited formal programming knowledge and most of what I do is by trial and error and finding solutions on the Internet. So this forum looks like a goldmine to me, but perhaps I can also contribute here and there. I have picked up a few mighty handy tricks and formulas over the years and I love problem solving. I have been working for years already on an order and stock management system in Access, also for our clothing factory, which is slowly developing into a complete ERP system, tailor made for our business. Always amazed at what is possible with databases but sometimes frustrated about how complicated things get for the most straightforward and simple-looking operations. When finally something works it is a victory.

Looking forward to some fruitful conversations.
Regards,
Pieter

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 19:28
Welcome to AWF.

I created a small commission system for my last place of work.
When I was going on holiday, I had to show colleague how to use it in my absence.

His response was 'That all seems easy enough'
My response was 'You do not know how much hard work has gone in to making it be like that' :D

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:28
Welcome Pieter.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:28
Hi there, I started in the 1980's programming with macros in Lotus 123.

Welcome to AWF! We had the same start at about the same time. I worked myself out of a job when my 123 macros made the department I was in so much more efficient they could make do with 1 less person (switched to another department).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom