Hello (1 Viewer)

NauticalLassie

Local time
Yesterday, 20:23
Hello everyone,

My name is Melissa and I am married to one of the members here, in case you have not figured it out, he is NauticalGent or simply "John".

John has been called away for a little while and has very limited internet access. It is really frustrating for him because it makes no sense to him that he can access Facebook but not this site.

At my last job he took my many spreadsheets and made me an application (he corrects me if I dare call it a "database") that really made my life easier - I am a believer!

I want to do something similar to what he did for me there but the working copy he kept at home is a few versions behind and since he did a lot of the work "up under the hood" as he likes to call it, I am unable to make out how things work.

While I was talking to him about this he suggested I join this forum and ask the members here - he said you all would take pity on me for having to put up with him...

I have been using his account to search and was going to use it to ask questions but he said that it might cause some confusion - I told him to not flatter himself - but he did bring up a valid point about having access to some threads that I should not be seeing so I agreed. I wont tell him he was right, of course - I simply agreed so he wouldn't fret too much.

At any rate, he told me to say hello to all of you and that he should be back sometime mid January.

I hope to learn a few things and maybe I will get better at Access than him!

Melissa

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Welcome Melissa! Hopefully John is back underfoot soon. :p

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 04:23
Hi Melissa
Welcome.

I had wondered what had happened to NG as he hasn't graced (or disgraced) the forum for a while

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:23
Hi Melissa welcome to access world forums! - Merry Christmas!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:23
Welcome aboard.

NauticalLassie

Local time
Thank you all so much, I am hoping to learn a few things while I am here. Merry Christmas to all of you as well!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 22:23
Melissa, you are as welcome as John was. I don't know if you take that as a good thing or a bad thing. But we tend to like him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom