Excel to Access (1 Viewer)

asterix1210

Local time
Today, 13:26
Ευχαριστώ πολύ και συγγνώμη για τα χάλια αγγλικά μου
Hello to everyone
I'm new to the forum but also to the access.
I will go directly to the issue that troubles me, I have an excel file to invoice which makes my job a pleasure but I would like a few more things.
Now I enter the customer data and the invoice number every time.
My question is whether it would be easy to convert the excel file into an access file so I can get a report.
I also upload the excel file
Thank you very much and sorry for my angry English

Attachments

• Invoice ENG.xlsx
    50.9 KB · Views: 57

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:26
Wrong question. It's not a matter of 'converting' the Excel to Access (easily or not), it's "Is Access the correct tool for my requirements?" If you want to store data and use that data to produce reports, then yes, Access is the tool to use.

Dreamweaver

Local time
Today, 11:26
If your having to enter customer info for every order then you need to be using access have a look at a few of the templates that come with access thay help get you started.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:26
Hello there Asterix, Welcome to access world forums.

Re:- My question is whether it would be easy to convert the excel file into an access file so I can get a report.

Looking at your Excel spreadsheet there doesn't appear to be much data in the spreadsheet, so if you was thinking of converting your Excel spreadsheet into Access, then I don't think you would have much of an advantage doing that. That's actually a good thing because there are some alternatives you might like to consider.

I would suggest looking at the northwind sample database as it's already set up as an invoicing system. However one word of caution, the actual north-wind database supplied by Microsoft is not designed to be put straight into production, it's an example of what can be done.

The Northwind sample database has issues that need fixing before you can use it. I don't know how many issues there are with it, but one in particular I have discussed, and demonstrated how it can be fixed on my blog here:- http://www.niftyaccess.com/northwind-problem-and-solution/

You can download various versions of the northwind database. I maintain a list here, http://www.niftyaccess.com/northwind-downloads/ well I say maintain, some of the links may well be out of date. If you notice an out of date link please let me know!

You may already have a copy of the northwind database available in your MS Access interface. If you have, then you may find this video useful demonstrates how to get to it:- http://www.niftyaccess.com/setup-the-northwind-db/

For anyone else reading this blog and looking for a way to import Excel data into MS Access then you may well find my blog on the process very useful and that is here:- Excel in Access

asterix1210

Local time
Today, 13:26
Thank you all for your interest
Now that I am a beginner in access can someone help me on how to start eg you will build 3 tables (customer, products, etc) so that I slowly move and learn

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:26
A forum is not the place to learn basic concepts. Suggest you work through an introductory book or on-line tutorial resources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom