use a query in a query (1 Viewer)

bbittman

Local time
Today, 03:37
I have a query that gets the current session, named GetCurrentSession:

SELECT MAX(Session.[SessionID]) as Sess
FROM [Session];

This query works fine and returns the correct value.

Then, I want to use it to get client purchases from only the current session:

SELECT Purchases.PurchID, Purchases.PartID, Purchases.PurchDate, Purchases.Count, Purchases.PayType, Purchases.Paid, Purchases.TicketNumbers, Purchases.Delivered, Purchases.DeliveredDate, Purchases.PaymentDate, Purchases.PaidOut, Purchases.PaidOutDate, Purchases.Reconciled, Purchases.ReconcildedDate, GetCurrentSession.Sess
FROM Purchases inner join GetCurrentSession
on (Purchases.SessionID)=GetCurrentSession.sess;

The problem is whenever I run this query I get a dialog box 'Enter Parameter Value' for 'GetCurrentSession.Sess.

Is this not allowed? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,
Shane

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:37
Hi Shane. Yes, this should be possible. Is the name of your first query GetCurrentSession? If so, you might try renaming it just in case it's conflicting with something else. Just a thought...

bbittman

Local time
Today, 03:37
As you suggested, I renamed by query to qryGetCurrentSession and it worked but I don't know why.

I'm just starting building my queries and, so far, only have the two so I'm not sure what sort of conflict there could have been.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:37
Hi. Glad to hear you got it working. If you can post a sample copy of your database, we might be able to see where the issue was coming from. Otherwise, I'm just happy it's fixed now. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom