Contacts form probs (1 Viewer)

D3m0n

Local time
Today, 00:06
I have a database that i got free off internet somewhere... when i re-designed it it has a few kinks in it.... i can discuss the kinks that i need solving but no point posting if not going to be seen .. so will post probs if someone can reply...:banghead:

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Typically people just go ahead and post the problem. Someone will see your post for sure. The clearer and better explained your question, typically, the clearer and better explained the answers you get.
All the best, :)
Mark

D3m0n

Local time
ok.. so far ... i have 1problem.... i want to add a comment and save this, but all i get is an error. im using Office 2010... Access... i have 'acquired a free copy' of a database, but have made changes to suit my needs... which i think is ok as im not using for any personal or wealth gain... just wanting to practice something...

on this database.. there are forms, tables, queries etc.... when you load the program it comes up with the main tab.. see picture below... you can add details on the contactdetails form.. but if i want to add a comment (again.. refer to pic i uploaded) i get this problem.

1. on the MAIN Contacts Table, in the Add a comment... when I try to Add a comment, then save it, it states
The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'txtID.'

Prob 1.jpg

Last edited:

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Hi, you need to describe the problem in more detail, for instance, my version of Access does not have a 'MAIN Contacts Table' or the 'Add a comment' feature you refer to. Those features are custom built and exist only in YOUR application, so in order for us to help you with those features, you have to show us how they are built.

Maybe elaborate on this...
...when I try to Add a comment, then save it...
...how do you add this comment? Is it a feature of a Form? A Control, like a TextBox, on a Form? When you try to save it, how do you do that? Is there a save button? Do you use a menu? Is there code that executes the save? Without more specific information like that, it's tough to know what you are running into.

hope this helps,
Mark

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:06
you can upload if you zip the file first

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom