Importing / Update data into Microsoft Access 2000 (1 Viewer)

Benny Wong

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:02
Hello All,

I am using Microsoft Access 2000 and wanted to know how to import data from another Access database that was done in Visual Basic. I know how to import flat-file database such as Excel but how do I import data that has a
One-To-Many Relationship? The end user will need to transistion into the new database so I would need to update it once awhile. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

cheuschober

Muse of Fire
Local time
Yesterday, 20:02
Benny Wong said:
Hello All,

I am using Microsoft Access 2000 and wanted to know how to import data from another Access database that was done in Visual Basic. I know how to import flat-file database such as Excel but how do I import data that has a
One-To-Many Relationship? The end user will need to transistion into the new database so I would need to update it once awhile. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.

Look into linking your tables. If you link all the necessary tables from the past database it should retain your relationships.

~Chad

Benny Wong

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 17:02
Hello Chad,

Thanks for your quick response, I will looking into the linking of tables then. If the tables that I import into the new database is linked and I want to append the data will the append action query append both the one-to-many to the destination table? Thanks for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom