Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Queries

Old 10-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #1
DavRob
Newly Registered User

DavRob is on a distinguished road
Turn off "Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query"

Hi All

I have an Append Query to add records from "TblCustomerImport" to "TblCustomers" the problem that I have is duplication of the existing records in"TblCustomers" I have tried the SQL below:

INSERT INTO TblCustomers ( JobNo, CustName, Address, Date )
SELECT DISTINCT TblCustomerImport.F1, TblCustomerImport.F2, TblCustomerImport.F3, TblCustomerImport.F4
FROM Customer_Import
WHERE NOT Exists (SELECT 1 FROM Customers_Without_Duplicates WHERE Customers_Without_Duplicates.JobNo = TblCustomerImport.JobNo;

This works but I get "Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query".

Is there any way of answering yes to this, over ride it or not have it display.

DAvRob

DavRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:27 PM   #2
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,808 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Turn off "Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query"

You can disable all such messages permanently in the client settings section of Access options but I don't recommend it as it will hide other messages that you may want.
Or run that sql statement using code
Code:
CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO …..", dbFailOnError
Doing that means messages are only displayed if there is an error

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
DavRob (10-19-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 06:57 AM   #3
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,585 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: Turn off "Microsoft Access can't append all the records in the append query"

Perhaps that query isn't doing what you think it is doing. You should be able to simplify it considerably.

Code:
INSERT INTO TblCustomers ( JobNo, CustName, Address, Date )
SELECT DISTINCT F1, F2, F3, F4
FROM Customer_Import 
WHERE TblCustomerImport.JobNo NOT IN 
( SELECT JobNo From Customers_Without_Duplicates );
Question: Is that the right table name in the earlier FROM clause? (The one I highlighted in red.) Should it perhaps be TblCustomerImport? Because if it is correct, I see a disconnect. If correct, what is the connection between Customer_Import and TblCustomerImport?

The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Doc_Man For This Useful Post:
DavRob (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #4
DavRob
Newly Registered User

DavRob is on a distinguished road

Thanks The_Doc_Man your code was the answer.

Thanks Isladogs for your reply

DavRob is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: