Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 10-29-2019, 01:19 PM   #1
DiogoCuba
On Error GoTo AWF *****:

DiogoCuba is on a distinguished road
Tutorial to Build a "Report Center"

Fellow Access Master,

I would like to know if you could reference me to a tutorial or something similar to a tutorial or example that I could learn how to make a "report center" where the user can build up his own report.

Appreciate any help on this!

"Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish: you only live once, so make it count and go after what you want no matter what."
DiogoCuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #2
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,429 Times in 1,410 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about
Re: Tutorial to Build a "Report Center"

Hi. Not sure about a tutorial, but I think this topic was covered in the book Professional Access 2013 Programming (if memory serves).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:04 PM   #3
Micron
AWF VIP

Micron has a spectacular aura about Micron has a spectacular aura about

Crystal reports comes to mind for custom reports. Have to admit that it's been a long time since I ever considered it. Maybe see if it's still around.

Old 10-30-2019, 03:11 AM   #4
jdraw
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,031 Times in 1,978 Posts
jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light jdraw is a glorious beacon of light

Diogo,

Not sure exactly what a report center is, but this material from Martin Green on Dynamic Reports may be helpful.

jdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:18 AM   #5
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,089 Times in 2,807 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Hi Diogo
I'm also unclear what a report centre is.
If you mean allowing the user to make multiple selections which are used to filter a report 'dynamically' then the two examples databases in this link may help. https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...d.php?t=302189

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:56 PM   #6
Pat Hartman
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,599 Times in 1,519 Posts
Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all Pat Hartman is a name known to all

I'm not sure that I would ever allow users to build reports. That would require giving them an .accdb rather than an .accde or .accdr which leads to other issues. Besides, if the user modifies his FE, how would you ever be able to coordinate updates to the FE. Once you allow individual users to update the FE, it is no longer yours to control. Each user would have his own copy of the FE and each user would be making his own modifications.

You can fairly easily allow users to create Excel or csv exports. You would save their selected columns in a table so that is just data rather than actual objects.

Of course, if the reports are simple list type format, then you can also store the column selections in a table. However, in this case, you will need to limit the number of columns so you don't have trouble building the report object. Even building the report object yourself, while certainly better than letting the user do it, is still a problem because if you are manipulating objects, you must distribute an .accdb.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: