Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 10-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
NearImpossible
Newly Registered User

NearImpossible is on a distinguished road
Not all records displayed

I have 2 select queries that run to populate an access report whenever the report is opened.

The first query gathers facility information and the second gathers all sub records for that facility based on specified criteria.

The issue is whenever I open the report, its only displaying 3 of the 5 sub-records.

If I manually run the queries, or manually open the sub-report, all 5 sub records are displayed in the table, but no matter what I do, I can only get 3 to display when I just open the main report.

The sub report is not linked to the main report in anyway, that I am aware of anyway.

any thoughts ???

After some more investigation, if I look at the report in Report View, everything displays correctly, however if I look at it in Print View, only 3 records are displayed.

As I am exporting this to a PDF file on creation, it is only doing the 3 records

Last edited by NearImpossible; 10-27-2019 at 10:29 AM.
NearImpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,123 Times in 4,055 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Not all records displayed

Is there any code or macro running behind the report? There are events that fire in some views but not others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

I'd also check the master/child link properties of the subreport control, though I'd expect that to affect all views.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
NearImpossible
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
Is there any code or macro running behind the report? There are events that fire in some views but not others.
No Code running in the back ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
I'd also check the master/child link properties of the subreport control, though I'd expect that to affect all views.
Sub is not linked to the master, they are each populated from their own query, just displayed on 1 page
Old 10-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Can you attach the db here?

Old 10-27-2019, 10:59 AM   #6
NearImpossible
Newly Registered User

I just deleted the report, made a blank report and then added each query as as a sub report and its working.

I think originally I used the report wizard to make a report based off the first query and then dragged the second query onto that report to make the sub report. Guess access didn't like that.....
Old 10-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #7
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Glad you got it working.

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaldy For This Useful Post:
NearImpossible (10-27-2019)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: