PrintForm technique in VB Studio 2015 (1 Viewer)

justphilip

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:31
I am attempting to improve my VB programing skills using the textbook "Programming in Visual Basic 2010," by Julia Case Bradley & Anita C. Millspaugh. I am using VB Studio 2015 Community to do my lessons in a total 64-bit environment.

My current lesson (pg. 40) calls for using "PrintForm" component out of VB Basic PowerPack. MS VB Studio 2015 does not contain the the PowerPacks and when I downloaded it, the option did not show up in my toolbox.

Question: PowerPacks are old and I probably need to move to newer techniques, so my problem is what toolbox substitution should I use in my VBS 2015 community software? I am also curious where the PowerPacks install went: what key word to use in searching for it? TIA JP

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:31
After downloading the new component, did you look under the "toobox symbol" on the VB Studio 2015 menu?

justphilip

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for responding to my query. The Toolbox under “All Windows Forms” tab has the following listed: PrintDialog, PrintDocument, PrintPreviewControl and PrintPreviewDialog. No PrintForm component is listed nor a header for Visual Basic PowerPacks.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:31
Just to be clear see attached.

Attachments

• SSMS.png
    SSMS.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,637

justphilip

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your response. I placed my cursor on my form and then pressed Alt+Ctrl+X; my cursor moved to the Toolbox list. No Visual Basic PowerPack appeared in the list of tools in any catgory in the Toollbox. I also did another install/repair of the downloaded vb-vbpowerpacks (1,012KB).

justphilip

Registered User.
Local time
Happy Days! I was advised to forget the VB PowerPacks, at least until MS provides support if ever! I did manage to find "PrintForm" while familiarizing myself with VB Studio.

Go to top ribbon and select Tools > Choose Toolbox Items > PrintForm

Now if only I could relocate the location where the list objects that showed up in the toolbox space I will be happy - at the bottom of the toolbox area were three choices
Content?(), Index and ????! Next time I will write a road map in my textbook!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom