Help with repeat rows based on number field (1 Viewer)

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:35
HI!

i have two tables, temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out and tblCount.

I need to achieve additional rows based on the field Qty_Count. For e.g. if the Qty_Count is 3, then it should repeat 3 rows after running the query.

I have the below query which gives me the result with an additional row, so in the above e.g. it gives me 4 instead of 3.

SELECT temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out.*
FROM temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out INNER JOIN tblCount ON tblCount.CountID <= temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out.Qty_Count;

1) How can i get the same count as mentioned in the field Qty_Count (refer snapshot pls)
2) If i have to do this by writing vba code function. can anyone help me with that.

Attachments

• qry_temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out.png
    qry_temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 78
  • temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out.png
    temp_tbl_SubProduct_Out.png
    22 KB · Views: 69

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:35
A. Why? Don't answer me in terms of this query though, give me the big picture. What are you ultimately trying to accomplish.

B. This can't be done with just a query. You can do it with some VBA dynamic query writing trickery, but I'm not convinced that's even the best way to accomplish whatever it is you are ultimately trying to do.

C. Why do you have a temporary table? Is that the result of a MAKE TABLE query?

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks polg for looking at this. My response in line with your questions.

A. Why? Don't answer me in terms of this query though, give me the big picture. What are you ultimately trying to accomplish.
PHP:
I have small grocery shop where i need to record inventory of items purchased in bulk quantity while i sell in smaller quantities and monitor the inventory level.

B. This can't be done with just a query. You can do it with some VBA dynamic query writing trickery, but I'm not convinced that's even the best way to accomplish whatever it is you are ultimately trying to do.
PHP:
Yes, you are right, query alone will not be enough as the db gets used on daily basis. But my vba code is very poor. Need help on this.
C. Why do you have a temporary table? Is that the result of a MAKE TABLE query?
PHP:
No, its not a make table query. This table is manually captured as shown in the snapshot. The reason for this is to add the Qty_Out based on the Qty_Count. I would create a crosstab query to update the inventory table and then delete this table.

Hope this answers.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Inventory tracking is a solved problem. I would search this site or even google for database that do that. You're reinventing the wheel and throwing in some right angles. Essentially you create a table and credit and debit inventory as needed:

Inventory
inv_Date, inv_Product, inv_Amount
1/1/2018, 1351, 750
1/1/2018, 1411, 25
1/2/2018, 1351, -3
1/3/2018, 1351, -7
1/3/2018, 1411, -2

Then when I want inventory levels I do a simple aggregate query to sum the inv_Amount.

Also, MAKE tables and APPEND queries are generally hacks around a poor structure. Data shouldn't be moved hither and yon in a database. It stays in one table, you relate it to other tables, use queries as necessary and generate final data in that manner.

I really think you need to revist your tables.

lookforsmt

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the suggestion, i have searched for this on the net but was not able to find one. If have any sample in access that you can share. I doubt if i can do as suggested.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Can you set up your relationships tools and post a screenshot of it back here? Try and show all fields in all tables.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 04:35
Thanks for the suggestion, i have searched for this on the net but was not able to find one. If have any sample in access that you can share. I doubt if i can do as suggested.

I would suggest on google using
"access sample inventory database free"

You should have multiple results. They may not work as you are asking because they are using standard ways of doing inventory. They may not do spoilage the way you are use to, but I'd suggest looking through some of them to see if any meet your needs before you start from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom