MS access 2013 prompt for password (1 Viewer)

Sandeep-kr

Local time
Today, 23:14
Hello,

Each time I am opening the MS Assess file, login popup is appearing and I need to enter the username/password.

How I can disable login popup?

Thanks in advance.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:44
not sure about 2013, but 2010 you can secure a db with a password - but this does not ask for a username.

if this is the case, go to File>Info and select 'Encrypt with Password' option to disable

Otherwise it sounds like your db has a routine for logging in users - this may be for security and/or tracking who does what, so disable at your risk. Since this is something that happens when you open the db, it will be triggered either by a macro called autoexec (in which case delete, rename or modify as required) or a setting in the db under File>Options>Current Database - Display Form - change to none in the dropdown.

Just another thought, and it's years since I've used it so can't remember the details but if this is an old db (.mdb) you may have implemented workgroup security - basically using a .mdw file. However I don't know how you would disable that, probably need to copy all objects to a new db. I'm sure there are responders here who still know how to do this

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:44
FYI, thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Welcome to AWF!

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:14
When password is set for the Admin User of Admins Group Ms-Access starts prompting for UserID & Password. If this password is removed it will not prompt for password, but Admin User will be the default User. The User must be a member of the Admins Group to remove Admin User's password.

In a secured database after setting the Admin User's password the Admin User will be removed from the Admins Group. But, a new User-Group will be created with Administrative Privileges and few User Accounts are added to this new Group.

This is done to prevent creating the default Workgroup Information File System.mdw with Admin User as default User by re-installing MS-Office Software. If this route is taken a Secured database can be opened by anybody.

The above procedure is applicable for mdb. databases.

https://www.msaccesstips.com/2006/11/microsoft-access-security.html

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:44
If you are an authorized user, call your system administrator.

Otherwise, we really can't help you to break into a database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom