What happened to the queries after upsizing to SQL Server? (1 Viewer)

JGT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
Just some feedback.
I proceeded this way, may be you have a brighter idea.
I stored all the query.Name and query.SQL in a Table y_Queries (QueryName(txt),QuerySQL(memo)), copied the Table into the SQL Linked BE, deleted all the queries there and restored them from y_Queries.
I had some problems with this procedure, because the query equations contain alphanumerics not allowed as text in tables. I had to substitute these characters by others before saving, and then back before restoring.
Finally, opening the restored queries one by one a got a quite a bit with errors - I still have to find out what is going on – but the rest worked fine with restored joins. Alleluia! Some of them are very slow though. I will have to go through all of them to see if I can achieve some better design.
Thanks again for your help.

JGT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:22
Just one more feedback.
I did the upgrading over once more, however this time I didn’t delete the Access BE links before linking to the SQL Server. I kept them, so the FE was linked to the Access BE and the SQL BE at the same time. I did this because I wanted to experiment updating of an Access BE to be used in my test environment.
Then, instead of switching between BEs, what I normally do, I just swapped names. To my surprise, this worked without loosing the joins between the tables!

First I thought that deleting the tables caused the loss of the joins, but checking this out with Access BE tables, the FE does not lose the joins.
Strange thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom