Hi! (1 Viewer)

Warreno

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:25
I am newish to VBA and Access. I went to school for software engineer but ended up with more of a scripting job, working with Access and SQL. I am finding that I am more fixing old VBA code than creating anything new as the code has broken or been out dated. Never really used modules and VBA is different enough from any languages I have used that I do not understand the lingo.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:25
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

Warreno

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! Thinking about taking a Udemy course on some VBA to get a better understanding of some of this code. Just havent had time with all the items that need to be updated or fixed

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25
Glad you dropped by, Warreno. VBA by itself is very much like "traditional" BASIC with the addition of object properties and methods, which is more of an object-oriented programming issue. And of course, part of the problem is that it isn't a stand-alone product. It works in conjunction with the "hosting" app such as Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. It is the "app" that provides the A in VBA.

Warreno

Registered User.
Local time
Glad you dropped by, Warreno. VBA by itself is very much like "traditional" BASIC with the addition of object properties and methods, which is more of an object-oriented programming issue. And of course, part of the problem is that it isn't a stand-alone product. It works in conjunction with the "hosting" app such as Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. It is the "app" that provides the A in VBA.

I think the way it operates is what confuses me. I am used to just building a program from scratch. The interaction of other programs with the coding and terminology is taking some getting used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom