Combine two queries into one (1 Viewer)

HillTJ

To train a dog, first know more than the dog..
Local time
Today, 12:43
Hi, i have a report with two subreports. Both linked to the main report by a common id. One subreport summarises products, their pricing etc with a query. The other summarises accessories also with a query. The calcs behind each query are different & the queries have different fields (but there are common fields that i need to reproduce in my quote). I'd like to join both queries into a single query so that the main report displays records from 1 consolidated query. The number of records in each table varies. I tried a make table query which sounds promising, but am unsure how to configure it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Last edited:

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:43
Queries can be joined to tables or other queries. But the result may not be editable. Why would you want this for form?

If you meant to say you want to combine for a report, that is different matter.

Last edited:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:43
Hi. Not sure I follow. What’s wrong with using subforms? Sounds like you’re trying to eliminate them, why? If I may ask...

HillTJ

Local time
Youre correct. I meant to say report

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Report design depends on data structure and how you want to manipulate data for presentation. Subreports may still be needed.

HillTJ

Local time
I'll try again. I have a report that includes 2 subreports that were included by dragging the queries to the report. Works fine, but i would like the subreports to show as one consolidated sub report rather than separate reports. As there are instances wherre there are no records in thed sub form. How cam this be achirved?

HillTJ

Local time
Hi, just found out that with a snippet of code i can enable/disable a sub datasheet based upon presence/absence of records in a subreport. This should work for me. Anyone got any experience with this?

HillTJ

Local time
Hi, found out about Union queries. I'm now able to combine 2 queries into 1 exactly as i wish. I knew there was a way.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Ooops, question was about report and I translated in my mind to form. Glad you found solution.

HillTJ

Local time
You know, the hardest part in solving a problem is knowing the right question to ask!! I am indebted to all whom have been patient with a newby.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Oh, you edited OP to say report instead of form. So my question was valid. Often, providing example data and mockup of desired output can be helpful as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom