Plus symbol on table (1 Viewer)

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:10
Hi! Here I am again asking for help, I have a little plus sign on my table. It shows on the image attached. When I click it, it says "This expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaluated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." What does this mean? What do I need to change? Please let me know if I need to upload the db. Looking forward to your help!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.9 KB · Views: 211

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 21:10
The + symbol indicates a subdatasheet. If setup correctly it should open a dependant table with the same ID value. However subdatasheets are not recommended as they are a resource drain and slow performance.
Recommend you remove all subdatasheets.
Click the Home tab on the ribbon then click More on the Records section ...Subdatasheet...Remove
If you really want to use it, go to the Subdatasheet ribbon section then click Subdatasheet again & define the related table to display

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
I see... so i dont really need it but does it mean there is something wrong that i need to fix in my db since it is not showing the subform as it normally should? Since i am getting the error...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You don't need subdatasheets as they are used when viewing tables.
Users should always interact with forms, never with tables.

The standard method of viewing data in master/child tables at the same time is to use a form and subform.
Use a single form for the master table with a continuous or datasheet subform.
Hope that makes sense.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:10
I would investigate why they didn't open, then turn them off. Probably a weird join like Colin mention in post#2.

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
I would investigate why they didn't open, then turn them off. Probably a weird join like Colin mention in post#2.

Hello, sorry, I don't know where to check for that, could you tell me what to look out for? Thankss

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:10
Hello, sorry, I don't know where to check for that, could you tell me what to look out for? Thankss
In design view open the database tools tab, then click the relationships button. Take a screenshot of your tables and post it here. Hopefully someone could see a weird join.

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
In design view open the database tools tab, then click the relationships button. Take a screenshot of your tables and post it here. Hopefully someone could see a weird join.

Hello I apologize for the late reply, here is the screenshot. thanks much!

Attachments

• CaptureHelp.JPG
    CaptureHelp.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 129

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Your tblNoticeInfo has the following field set as a Primary Key - EntryID_Info

Is this field set as an Autonumber ?

Your other 2 tables do NOT have any Primary Keys ?

What Data Types are the 2 fields that your Primary Key is linked to?

Last edited:

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:10
the relationship info is a bit helpful but is not enough. Maybe you have joined a number field to a text in the relationships, or something like that?

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Your tblNoticeInfo has the following field set as a Primary Key - EntryID_Info

Is this field set as an Autonumber ?

Your other 2 tables do NOT have any Primary Keys ?

What Data Types are the 2 fields that your Primary Key is linked to?

The primary key one is autonumber, while the other two are numbers..
The other two tables data come from data entry... can you work on the stuff even if I strip off all the data on it? I cannot send the copy with the data mostly it is sensitive info... thank you :)

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Yes if you make a zopy and remove all data we can take a look for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom