Forms and subforms (1 Viewer)

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:40
Two tables linked on employee number, one shows employee info the other employee picture. Employee information table is imported into the database, which is the main form. Pictures have been uploaded, this is the subform. As of now the sub form only shows the pic as bitmap image, when you click on it, picture comes up. How can the picture automatically show once the employee number is searched?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Hello there, have you tried putting the image field in the main form?

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
I have which I would have to append the two tables into one, correct, via macro? Didn’t know if there was a way around that.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Base the form’s record set on a query that combined all the fields you need instead of the table.

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry I haven’t done that yet, but was thinking of merging the two together after importing into dB, via macro and then redesign the form. Just didn’t know if there was a way around that, to show the pic without double clicking on what the sub form shows “bitmap image”

QueryStumped

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you I will try that when I return to the office. Appreciate your quick assistance.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:40
Sorry I haven’t done that yet, but was thinking of merging the two together after importing into dB, via macro and then redesign the form. Just didn’t know if there was a way around that, to show the pic without double clicking on what the sub form shows “bitmap image”
Hi. What is the data type of the field with the picture? You can either try an image or an OLE control to display it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom