SendKeys problem w/Win10 (1 Viewer)

esskaykay

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:46
Did you decompile your app? Also did you check for missing references?

No I did not compile. But as I noted, I even get the error when there is no app, no tables, no coding, no nothing - just the Immediate Window and the SendKeys command.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I actually said decompile which is not the same as compile.
However with no app, I agree that is irrelevant.

AFAIAA you've never said which version of Access you are using nor the specific release of Win10. It still sound likely that its related to either a Windows or Office update or a corrupt installation as you have a problem that nobody else can repeat...at least so far.

I can't offer any other suggestions.
Good luck in finding a solution but I still suggest scrapping SendKeys anyway. There are always better ways of achieving the same result.

esskaykay

Registered User.
Local time
Did you see post 15?

Yes, not sure about that. A bit OT here but maybe it's some Microsoft Win10 update that's giving me this problem. There have been other updates that have screwed things up with our Dell laptops - some of them still unresolved even with Dell's help (ha-ha).

esskaykay

Registered User.
Local time
I actually said decompile which is not the same as compile.
However with no app, I agree that is irrelevant.

AFAIAA you've never said which version of Access you are using nor the specific release of Win10. It still sound likely that its related to either a Windows or Office update or a corrupt installation as you have a problem that nobody else can repeat...at least so far.

I can't offer any other suggestions.
Good luck in finding a solution but I still suggest scrapping SendKeys anyway. There are always better ways of achieving the same result.

Access 2003 (I know - very old). I do appreciate your concern and ideas - thank you....

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 09:46
I agree that sendkeys is probably best avoided. I don't trust F1 either. I read somewhere not too long ago that anyone who attempts to use F1 to direct to their own Help gets over-ridden by M$ - something to do with them ensuring you realize you're not in a native M$ application. As if it were some sort of security thing. I think the topic was related to custom ribbon help.

June7 posting the version is a good point. Could be a factor.

esskaykay

Registered User.
Local time
I guess my point has progressed past "Is it good to use a SendKeys command or not". Again, this is probably really OT but why is this only happening with Win10 It works perfect with older Windows versions. Not to totally badmouth Microsoft but it looks like they are at it again...

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
People find ways to use functions/methods for devious purposes all the time. What usually happens as a result is that we lose some functionality that we once had. While poking around for this one, I did see where someone posted what the vulnerability was regarding SendKeys but I've never heard of it before and don't recall what it was. That it works from the immediate window is not something I'd hang my hat on, as it may not be exactly the same as trying it from code. I'm curious though, and may try it later in my version but right now, too much to do around the house.:(

esskaykay

Registered User.
Local time
Just an FYI - I have a copy of Office 2007 (I use v2003). I uninstalled Access2003 then installed v2007. SendKeys works fine in v2007. However, now I'm having other VBA issues with projects written in v2003 that don't work with v2007. I'll work through it.

Again, thanks all...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You might have reference issues converting from 2003 to 2007.
Check for any missing references.

Also reinforcing my point about using SendKeys, some of the SendKeys commands differ with Access versions...hence their unreliability.

If you have other specific issues, post the details and someone should be able to assist.

esskaykay

Registered User.
Local time
You might have reference issues converting from 2003 to 2007.
Check for any missing references.

Also reinforcing my point about using SendKeys, some of the SendKeys commands differ with Access versions...hence their unreliability.

If you have other specific issues, post the details and someone should be able to assist.

A little more FYI…

After doing a little more testing last night I did find something interesting. After installing Office 2007, then uninstalling v2007 and reinstalling v2003 SendKeys works fine.

As a test on a similar laptop, I completely uninstalled v2003 including cleaning the registry, removing MS Office instances in Program Files, and Users\AppData; then reinstalled v2003 – still same error message. So I uninstalled v2003, installed v2007 (which worked fine), then uninstalled v2007, reinstalled v2003 and all works fine. Once v2007 was installed all worked fine even in v2003. It’s like there is something that is added or modified with the v2007 install that helps v2003. Just too confusing for me.

Thanks all – I’m happy

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
My guess is a newer dll, olb or tlb file with the same name that doesnt get overwritten by a 2003 install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom