Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 04-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #1
pavinm

pavinm is on a distinguished road
How to Create Employee's Monthly Production Report in MS Access Version: 2007

Please help me that how to create a employee production report (Hourly report). I am not able get any idea that how to start.
Daily (if you work 8-9 hours a day) employee will fill his/her production details like starting time, ending time, tasks and description (they can fill total 9 hours together or hourly also). So please help me that if they want to fill hourly means how to do? Please help me about this.

pavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
jzwp22
Access Hobbyist

jzwp22 has a spectacular aura about jzwp22 has a spectacular aura about jzwp22 has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to Create Employee's Monthly Production Report in MS Access Version: 2007

Welcome to the forum!

I would say that you would need a query, but to be able to better help you, we need to get some more detail on your table structure (table & field names and how the tables are related to one another). Could you provide that information?
jzwp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #3
pavinm

pavinm is on a distinguished road
Re: How to Create Employee's Monthly Production Report in MS Access Version: 2007

Hi,

Thanks.

In my db I have 2 tables called log and production.

In log table i have created login time, logout, holidaylist. etc. (UserID is Primay Key)
In production table Stime, Etime, task and remarks fields are there (Userid is foreign key). What i want is, once they login to the db, (lob table will update), should enter production details (based on production table) of day (hourly).

Ex:
Today if they worked 8 hours

STime ETime TotalHours Task
9 am 1 pm 4 aaaaa
2 pm 6 pm 4 xxxxxx

If they have not login means it read the log table (Holidaylist filed and if is matching with holdiay date then should take has holiday else next day it should give a pop message like yesterday you have not login, please update the form (reason they should give otherthan holiday)

Hope this is will give you a clear picture about my db.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavi

pavinm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
jzwp22
Access Hobbyist

jzwp22 has a spectacular aura about jzwp22 has a spectacular aura about jzwp22 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I never received an e-mail indicating that you had responded. Based on the information you provided, I think you have to work on your table structure before worrying about the monthly production report. You say that the userID is the primary key of the log table; this does not make sense because a user can have many log in's so you should have a table to hold the user information and a separate table for the log in

tblUsers
-pkUserID primary key, autonumber
-txtUserFName
-txtUserLName

I also do not see the relationship between when a person logs in and the tasks he does in a work day; perhaps instead of log ins you should be recording work days and the associated tasks associated with that employee. Do you want to record whether a person is sick or on vacation for particular work days?

tblUserWorkDays
-pkUserWorkDayID primary key, autonumber
-fkUserID foreign key to tblUsers
-dteWork (work date)

tblWorkdayTasks
-pkWorkTaskID primary key, autonumber
-fkUserWorkDayID foreign key to tblUserWorkDays
-STime (start time)
-ETime (end time)
-fkTaskID foreign key to tblTasks

tblTasks
-pkTaskID primary key, autonumber
-txtTaskDesc

I also think that the holiday list should be a separate table

tblHolidays
-pkHolidayID primary key, autonumber
-dteHoliday (date of the holiday)
-txtHolidayName (the holiday name)

Perhaps providing some more information about what you are trying to do with your database will allow us to help you more appropriately.

jzwp22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: