Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #1
F.E.A.R 2

F.E.A.R 2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Need HELP.. New To Access how to condence a report and making it a monthly report

Hey all,

ok basically what im trying to do here is when i generate a report i want to be able to have all of that data autopmatically comined in columes

this is what i have:
call attended did not attend

panama city 1 no yes
panama city 1 yes no
panama city 1 yes no
( so on and so on)
i want it to look like this!
call out.come shows
calls attened did not attend

panama city 123 43 97
jacobs town 412 231 120
Buffalo 344 213 111
(numbers dont add up but u get it)

how can i get all of these cities to add up in a report without having to add them up myself?

i basically want it to show the combined everything so that i dont have to spend 2 1/2 hours adding all of these up myself

and if you know how to make the report basically put in a monthly report that would be awesome!

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

F.E.A.R 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,063 Times in 3,998 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Need HELP.. New To Access how to condence a report and making it a monthly report

Try a totals query

SELECT call, Sum(attended) AS TotalOverall, Sum(IIf(AttendedField = True, Attended, 0)) AS TotalAttended, Sum(IIf(DidntAttendField = True, Attended, 0)) AS TotalDidNotAttend
FROM TableName
GROUP BY call

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
F.E.A.R 2

F.E.A.R 2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Need HELP.. New To Access how to condence a report and making it a monthly report

ok now where in the SQL qould i put that im more of a viral tech then a programmer just trying to take on a challenge

F.E.A.R 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,063 Times in 3,998 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

That is (hopefully) a complete query, so copy it into the SQL window of a new query and see if it runs. You will obviously have to substitute the correct table and field names.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: