How to upload images in a form (1 Viewer)

shishir

Local time
Today, 08:58
Hello,
I've an employee information table and its form. Every record contains different images.

I've found that people are suggesting to store images on hard drive, not on the database directly. They suggest to store the image link in a text field. I'm agree with them.

But what I didn't find is how end user will upload a new image? Or, remove an existing one?
I want 2 command buttons right below those images that will enable end user to add/remove an image from form of that employee/new employee. When someone will click on the add image, a browser window will appear and he'she will be able to select the image. Access will save it's link itself. While deleting, access will delete its link too and display no photo image.

I've programming experience in C++(but not in VB).
How can I do that?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 16:58
Google msoFileDialogFilePicker to find the file dialog thing to pick a file. The returned file name you can put into a field of a record and use that to get at the location of a picture. Or clear the field for no picture.

brharrii

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, I missunderstood the question

:(

I don't have an answer for what you are looking for.

shishir

Local time
Google msoFileDialogFilePicker to find the file dialog thing to pick a file. The returned file name you can put into a field of a record and use that to get at the location of a picture. Or clear the field for no picture.

I've no programming experience in VB. Can you tell me how to get the job done?
Or any complete resource?

Max D

Registered User.
Local time
This is the common problem while storing images externally. No simple way to upload and manipulate them without intensive programming.

Check our AccessImagine addon, that makes all the work automatically and is users friendly - http://access.bukrek.net/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom