Use different field in calculation than shown in combo box. (1 Viewer)

BWheat35

Local time
Yesterday, 23:56
I have a form which calculates many fields in the form. However, the issue that I have is how to use a different field in the query than the field that is shown in the drop down combo box in the calculation of an expression.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 00:56
...how to use a different field in the query than the field that is shown in the drop down combo box...

You'll need to provide a few more specifics here. Are we talking about a query that is being used as the Row Source of the Combo Box, or a query that is being used as the Record Source of the Form? More details please.

BWheat35

Local time
Thank you for the quick response, Beetle!

In response, and to further explain: I want the Row Source to show the percentages from a query a user can choose in the combo box, and use a different row source from that same query for the calculation to be put in the record source. Hope this helps. Let me know if you require any further info.

Thanks again, Beetle.

Beetle

Duly Registered Boozer
Local time
Today, 00:56
I'm still not clear on what you're trying to achieve, but I think you are wanting to reference a non-bound column(field) in the row source query of your combo box. This can be done by referencing the .Column property of the combo box. It is a zero based index, so the first column is Column(0), the second is Column(1), etc. So by using -

YourComboBox.Column(n)

- where n is the appropriate index number, you can retrieve values from a non-bound column of a combo or list box.

Post back if you have more questions or if I have misunderstood your request.

BWheat35

Local time
Beetle,

You thinking was right :) That helped greatly!!! Thank you very very much for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom