Constructed Hyperlink (1 Viewer)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:46
In this DB I'm using the following as the record source for a text box, that has format "Is Hyperlink" set as Yes

Code:
="http://www.multimap.com/maps/?zoom=16&countryCode=GB&lat=" & [Lat]*57.2958 & "&lon=" & [Long]*57.2958

The constructed hyperlink is producing a valid link, the field has the appearance of a hyperlink. However it is not behaving as a hyperlink ie. the cursor does not change to a finger when it is placed on the field, it changes to an insertion point, and it will therefore not spawn a browser window when it is clicked. What have I missed? or is it some peculiarity of trying to use a concatenated field as a hyperlink?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 14:46
All the IS HYPERLINK feature does is give you the HAND icon when you have it set. It doesn't actually act as a hyperlink. Put

FollowHyperlink Me.txtYourTextBoxName

in the click event of the text box.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
I thought there must have been something like that.

So when you format a field as hyperlink at the design stage of the table, does FollowHyperlink command just innately become part of the property of the field?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
How so? If I build a table and format one of the fields as a Hyperlink, when that field is placed on a form the hyperlink will spawn an external browser without the need for any additional code.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
This DB has absolutely no code but the links work fine. That is why I surmised that the Followhyperlink command must have been innate to the format of the field in the table set up.

Attachments

• db2.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 79

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom