Sub Form Vertical Scroll Bar Locked (1 Viewer)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:59
I'm sure this is going to be a real Doh! Moment :eek:

I have a Sub form, in continuous view, that has a vertical scroll bar, all the fields are set to Enabled = No, Locked = Yes. The forms Data entry = No.

The problem is that the scroll bar seems to be locked. I'm wondering if I've put on Belt and Braces and this has caused the problem, or if there is something else I've missed.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Thanks for that.

I've got an uneasy feeling that this is a recent behaviour for this form, but I can't really recall. And I've got no idea what may have caused it if it is a new behaviour.

My next step is going to be rebuilding the form from scratch :rolleyes:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:59
should it move? if the form is only slightly wrongly sized you might get a scroll bar visible but with no real movement available.

do you show record selectors - can you move up and down with the record selectors?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Yes it should move, as it makes it really hard to view the records once they exceed the height of the SubForm.

No I don't show record selectors. I'll have a play with that.

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
I just knew this was going to happen

The Sub Form Holder had got set to Enabled = No and Locked = Yes. I'm guessing I must have been working on the main form and then decided I needed to lock a control on the Sub Form, but had only clicked on it the once, so got the Sub Form Holder properties rather than the control properties.

My apologies to any who have been pondering this problem :eek:

My thanks to gemma-the-husky who's suggestion finally illuminated my error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom