Image degradation Access '07 (1 Viewer)

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:41
I have a DB with a FE/BE set up. The BE resides on my desk top PC running Access 03, under Windows XP. There is a FE on this machine and another on a lap top running Access 07 under Vista. There is also an identical set of image files that reside on both machines. The FE references the images on it's local hard drive.

The curious thing is that when these images are displayed within a form under Access 07, the bottom half of the image displays in a degraded fashion (see attached file). Whilst this does not effect the overall performance of the DB, it is not ascetically pleasing. So I was just curious to see if any one else had come across this problem, and if so, have they discovered a fix for it.

Attachments

• Doc1.zip
    248.6 KB · Views: 82

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 13:41
we have a similar thing, where the dbs runs on a TS, and the image also degrades - it looks like, that instead of using infinite colours (i forget the true value) it is using a restricted pallette of 256 colours. - although you mention the image is split into a good top half, and a poor bottom half, which is a different issue, i guess

is that any help?

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 22:41
Thanks Dave, I'll look into it when I get a chance to have a play on the lap top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom