Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Reports

Old 11-05-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
bignose2
Newly Registered User

bignose2 is on a distinguished road
Print pages in reverse order to preview order?

Hi,

Is there an easy ish way to view a report print preview in one order, ie 1 to 10 but when press the print button they come out 10 to 1, basically ready stacked in correct order.

I like to view, page view & not report view, 1 to 10etc

I also don't want to have toe close & press a different print button

I imagine I could program this quite easy but my staff want to see what they are about to print but just click print if happy

I can open print preview & line after change the property order but this has no effect

Thanks is

bignose2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,808 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Print pages in reverse order to preview order?

Suggest you set the default print order on your printer settings to print in reverse order.
..or use a printer that outputs the pages facing downwards.

IIRC you can also set the pages to print as e.g. From 100 to 1.
I don't think it matters if the From page value is larger than the max pages

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road

bignose,

why not ask your people why this is such a big deal? I've never encountered anyone who has asked this question. The time it takes to rearrange paper after it prints out is extremely marginal, isn't it?

vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:22 AM   #4
Gasman
Enthusiastic Amateur

Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough Gasman is a jewel in the rough

This does it for Excel, perhaps you can adapt?

https://www.exceltip.com/printing-in...oft-excel.html

Please, please use code tag # when posting code snippets

Gasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,090 Times in 2,808 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vba_php View Post
bignose,

why not ask your people why this is such a big deal? I've never encountered anyone who has asked this question. The time it takes to rearrange paper after it prints out is extremely marginal, isn't it?
Not if you are doing huge print runs e.g school reports, exam results etc where you may have lots of groups each with multiple pages in a print run.
Then it can be a big deal

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
vba_php
Software Engineer

vba_php is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
Not if you are doing huge print runs e.g school reports, exam results etc where you may have lots of groups each with multiple pages in a print run.
Then it can be a big deal
one of my first jobs was in a hospital as a temp employee. the manager once assigned me a task just like this, but it wasn't sorting the print jobs per se, it was "collating" them. but regardless, that hospital actually paid for a person to do this stuff! but maybe this OP's company doesn't have the money to hire people to do this work...

Last edited by vba_php; 11-09-2019 at 11:24 AM.
vba_php is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: