Sunday School Attendance (1 Viewer)

willymec

Local time
Today, 14:34
I found this database example, and trying to amend it for my attendance database needs.
I just need it to track Sunday school classes, By class, person, and teacher
Status would be Member, Guest and Inactive

This sample database would work if I can add classes and teachers.
Also people can move from class to class each Sunday if wanted.
And the classes can be taught by different teachers each Sunday.

So this form needs to be able to pick the class and people that have attended this particular class in the past, mark each one as present and which teacher taught that day. And be able to add a guest or member if not in the list.

Then be able to print a report each Sunday as to who taught each class and who attended.
There about 10 different classes.

I have tried to add but to no avail, I have made a few databases before, but stuck here. I'm still learning basics and it's been awhile.

This was were I got the sample database below
membershipa2k.zip (56.7 KB, 7295 views)
by Pat Hartman; 10-14-2003 at 12:51 PM.

Thank you
Bill

Attachments

• MembershipStatuschanges.mdb
    1.1 MB · Views: 119

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 22:34
Well the sample database may be 15 years old but Pat is still very active on this forum
As she is likely to be more familiar with it than anyone else, best to await her response

With luck she will see the post and reply in the near future

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 17:34
you need a detail form to show 1 member,
and a subform to show all attendance. (tblAttendance bound to the member)

make queries to count dates/member
then the reports can show them.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:34
The database is intended to track attendance for the Connecticut Access User's group meetings. Changing it to track attendance for multiple classes and also to track teachers is certainly possible but is a big schema change that will have a ripple effect throughout the application. There are also lots of things we don't know about your requirements so I'm going to describe something very basic.

You need to add a new table to manage classes and another table to relate classes to teachers. You can change the tblMailingList to add a column to identify which people are teachers. A third table will be for classes that are held. This is a header table. It will contain the ID of the class, the ID of the teacher, and the date of the class. This table will be the parent of the attendance records.

Once you have modified the schema, you can modify the "meeting" box on the Attendance form to select the class and the teacher. in the click event of the create attendance records, you would first have to insert the parent record and retrieve it's ID. Then you would append the selected people and include that ID in the append query.

Take a stab at it. Modify the tables and post the updated schema. We'll look at it and then you can move on to make the other changes.

I've attached a new copy of the application since yours is almost the original version.

Attachments

• CaML2K_NoData180706.zip
    458 KB · Views: 104

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom